Lovekyn Chapel

The Chantry Chapel of St Mary Magdalene at Norbiton was founded by Edward Lovekyn in 1309 and is known locally as the Lovekyn Chapel. It is the oldest complete building in Kingston Upon Thames and is Grade 2 listed.  It underwent numerous renovations before it received listed status in 1927. It is also the one remaining free-standing chantry chapel in England. The Chapel is small, … Continue reading Lovekyn Chapel