HistorianRuby invites you all to participate in a blog trip of your choice!
You don’t like history? Really? You may be surprised at how many ways we can consume history – if you’re not sure, take a look at my post The Many Ways to Consume History.
Did you stop to look at that statue that had a bird on its head? Did it make you smile? There’s always a story behind a statue . . .
How about a little family history? Do you like to reminisce about a fishing trip with your dad and uncle thirty years ago? Or did your grandmother teach you to bake?
What about when your favourite football team won the cup for the first or last time and you were there to see every nerve-wracking minute of it. It’s all history.
Or how you hated history at school as they made you learn about America’s Wild West and you’d much rather be listening to Duran Duran records – okay, that was me . . .
To join our history trip all that you need to do is introduce yourself in the comments below and add a link to a post of yours that has a hint of history, heritage or culture. Please feel free to share and reblog, because the more the merrier, and we may discover that perfect blog to follow, or fascinating blog articles about places we would really like to visit, read fascinating stories that enlighten us or entertain, or thought-provoking pieces that prompt us to delve deeper into a subject.
- I’d love to see some really interesting places that you’ve visited around the world.
- Or a bit of local history like I have here.
- Share some family history, maybe an ancestor had a really obscure job that is now obsolete.
- Or did you witness an historical event, like a royal wedding or did family members protest at injustice against a hated political regime?
- We all have stories we can tell.
Rules – ’cause sometimes there has got to be a rule or two!
In the spirit of Swimmers and our much-lamented Community Pool:
- Please don’t spam comments with repeated ‘likes’ – because that wears thin on us all!
- Don’t post more than two links in your comment – and ensure that you write a little about yourself or my spam filter may not publish your comment.
- Don’t drop your link without visiting at least one other commenter’s blog – share the love! And feel free to visit them all!
- Please be nice to each other – let’s not have a blogging argument in the comments!
- I’ll dip in and out to moderate and will end the trip on Sunday evening.
I look forward to reading all your contributions!
Photos author’s own.