Thanks to Floatinggold who kindly nominated me. What a lovely surprise! If you don’t know it Floatinggold’s blog offers opinion pieces, creative writing and more – and is hugely entertaining.
I’ve nominated bloggers (listed at the end of this post) whose articles I enjoy reading so that I can share the love and offer encouragement and a morale-boosting ‘well done’!
1) Would you rather move to a new city or town every year or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in and why?
Answer: I’ll keep moving thanks – I was born in Liverpool, England and was brought up ‘over the water’ – on the other side of the River Mersey in New Brighton. I love Liverpool and enjoy visiting, but I also love exploring new places. (I left home at eighteen and I haven’t lived there for thirty years now.)
2) What was the last picture you took with your phone?
Answer: Up a mountain in Italy a view across to the snow capped mountain in the distance.
3) You discover that your wonderful one-year-old child is not yours because of a mix up at the hospital, would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
Answer: How devastating! I would exchange, though. You have to be authentic and I’d want my child. I would still want to be in contact with the other child because you’d have loved them for over a year and that bond would be hard to break. The other parents may think differently, though. . .
4) Do you ever talk to yourself? When and what do you say?
Answer: Lately it’s been ‘Come on, Ruth!’ Shouting at myself when I can’t do something as easily as expected.
5) What is the best part of being a part of your family?
Answer: I feel their love.
6) Is there something you constantly lose?
Answer: Is ‘my marbles’ an acceptable answer?
My Questions For You:
1) If you could meet one person from history, who would that be, and why?
2) Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty person?
3) Where are you from and do you still live there?
4) Add a link to your favourite post to invite others to read it. Why is it your favourite post?
5) Are you confident enough to share your blog with friends and family AND add it to your CV – or do you prefer to keep it private and anonymised?
6) Another history question: If you could live in any other time in history which era would you choose?
• Thank blogger(s) who nominated you for the blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
• Nominate other new blogs to receive the award and compose new questions for them to answer.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My nominations are: Elizabeth, Katinka, Triplet Dad, Bre, Paris, Joan, Vicki
I’ve chosen Elizabeth and Katinka for your content, I love the naming posts – maybe I should have a house full of pets and I get to name them all! I’ve chosen the triplets because they do bring a little sunshine into the day – they are sooo cute! I’ve chosen the black royalty project as I love the ethos of giving girls positive role models and being that positive role model (Bre)! I’ve chosen Paris (apologies for the nickname as I couldn’t see your name on your site) as you have been lamenting the rainfall in Paris and thought I’d send you a little sunshine. I’ve chosen Joan and Vicki as I love your lifestyle blogs that celebrate families and heritage.